I just began reading the book "Stay" by Deb Caletti. Again I decided to write a blog before I started reading the book. This way I really get to think a lot about what could happen. I get to analyze and hypothesize with the author could do. I also think of all the different characters and how certain things will unravel or happen. The main character is a girl named Claire. She begins to have a strong relationship with this boy named Christian. She's never experienced love before, but what starts as devotion quickly becomes obsession. And it's almost too late before Clara realizes how far Christian is and what he's willing to do to make her stay. Now Clara has left the city and Christian behind. No one knows where she is. But still can't shake off the fear. She knows Christian will never let her go, no matter how far she runs it's not far enough.
All of this has already happened in the book. It could go so many different ways. Clara is going to have to really look inside herself and find out what to do instead of acting like there's nothing that she can do at all. She has to realize that she has family and people that love her all around. Together with the help of the people she loves she can fight Christian. Her whole life won't stay like this.
A book with this much going on could have so many things happen. I can't wait to find out what does. And after I'm done with this book I might pick up another one of Deb Catelli's books they're really great. I'm starting to get really interested in realistic fiction and romance.
No comments:
Post a Comment