Finding a book genre that you enjoy can be really difficult. There are so many to choose from and even then you don't know if you will like that exact book. Sometimes I read a book in a completely new genre that I've never read before and I love it. Even then I try to read a new book in that same genre and it sinks. So I think it doesn't really matter which genre you read but the book itself.
One example of how sometimes the genre doesn't matter but the book does is in Susan Collins "Hunger Games". This book is a futuristic, science fiction book. I had never picked up a book of that genre in my life. But this book was so good it almost didn't matter. Every once in awhile there would be something that really bugged me about the book. Still, overall it was really good. This shows me that sometimes you find a book in a genre you hate.
Another example of a book a genre I never liked was "Chains" by Laurie Halse Anderson. This book was a historical fiction book. I had always not liked to read those books. They usually made me fall asleep and were boring. But this book was so well written and creative that the genre didn't matter to me. Some moments in the book I was really bored but for the most part it was great. This is why I think sometimes you can find a book you really like that has a genre you hate.
To conclude, you don't know which book you will like or not. One day you could be reading realistic fiction and the next day only be reading mystery. You don't really have to have a favorite genre. I Don't. Just find a book that you love and try new books all the time.
I agree! Sometimes I think I like a book genre, but I really only like the book. I thought I liked Sci-fi because of the Percy Jackson books, but I tried reading other books in that genre and I didn't like any. I just like greek gods.
ReplyDelete